What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon - Great Customer Service!

N941WR

Legacy Member
I just thought I would post a big thank you to Dynon where all of you can see it.

My -9 is equipped with a EFIS D100 and a EMS D10. Over the course of building this RV I have sent the EMS back once for a perceived problem that turned out to be my wiring and the EFIS went back right after Dynon returned it for the screen upgrade. The reason for the EFIS return was a dead internal battery.

In both cases, Dynon was very prompt with testing each unit and informing me via email what the issues were. Dynon returned the units very promptly and I never lost confidence in them or their products, only in my wiring.

I can?t speak highly enough of their products and service.

alpinelakespilot2000 said:
Bill-
Based on your experience, would you recommend buying the ~$80 wiring harnesses from Dynon or SteinAir? Seems like a pretty good deal.
Absolutely!

Here's why:

This is the wiring harness coming off the EMS D10. The brown wires are for the EGT's and CHT's and the bundle of colored wires are for all the other probes. I would not want to wire each of those.

The wiring problem I eluted to had to do with me putting the ground wire in the wrong pin hole on the end of the serial connection. Duh!

Whats up with the emergency release. in your picture it looks like you've pointed it down behind the center sub panel. I like it, how did you rig it?

Just as a note, the $80 harness that was mentioned before is for the EFIS. The EMS comes with the harnesses pictured when you buy the sensors from us. In a bit of weirdness due to the fact that a D180 is an EFIS and an EMS, you get the wiring for all the EMS stuff with the probes, but the EFIS bit (main power, encoder wiring, remote compass wiring, etc) is still an option.

Also, the harness is $90 from us, not $80.

Finally, thanks for the kind note. We do our very best to be quick and efficient whenever a unit comes back here and it's nice to know that it really does make a difference to some of our customers. We are of course sorry that any unit ever has to come back, but all we can do at that point is our best to keep you moving with your project.

Back