What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catfish fry update

pierre smith

Well Known Member
Mornin' guys/gals,
I didn't realize that good ole Southern fried catfish is so popular....or maybe it's just another excuse to go fly :) I started this new thread for those of you that didn't see the invitation on another thread. So far we have around six airplanes coming. Let me know here if you haven't responded on the other thread.

The deal is a catfish and shrimp lunch, hushpuppies and French fries, tea/coke etc around 12:30 PM next Saturday the 9th. Arrival anytime before lunch to BS, socialize etc, at my hangar in Louisville, Ga (2J3) probably around 10:30-11:00 A.M. Unicom 122.9 and I'll have a handheld comm. I'll also have a Catfish sign by the runway.

Regards,
Pierre

Just for the record. Weather permitting, I'll be there and may have my wife in tow :)...

Thanks Pierre for pulling this together, I'm looking forward to drooling over some RV's.... er Catfish, oh is that what you call them :)

Drool on

aadamson said:
Thanks Pierre for pulling this together, I'm looking forward to drooling over some RV's.... er Catfish, oh is that what you call them :)

We have a 5000' runway for the Lancairs....... :D

Lookin' good,
Pierre

pierre smith said:
We have a 5000' runway for the Lancairs....... :D

Lookin' good,
Pierre

I specifcally noticed that :).... I use 3000's all the time, but don't think I'll try a 2400 until I have lots more flight time in one. :)

See ya on the 9th

Alan

At a Vans forum one year at SNF, they referred to non-RVers as BOOTS - Builders Of Other Types.

BTW I plan on attending and may bring one of the kids.

Alan... you can get into that 2400' strip no-problem. Just gotta take the station wagon (C-182).

Last edited:
Yep, that is true.... :) Actually, I can made the first taxiway at LZU no problem on landing, but I have to try to make that happen. Take off isn't the problem, it's landing.... Heck with my new 6cyl version, take off will most likely happen very quick. I've been hearing from the only other one and climb performance is 2.5-3k fpm all the way to 13K (at least he's done that test) at 140-160kts (and that isn't even vy or vx) :).

Now if I'd just get the bloody thing done....

Can't wait to meet you local RV guys... From on of the BOOT'rs :)

Spot landing??

How would you guys feel about a spot landing contest upon arrival? I'd have a white flour line about 100 yards from the end of the active and it doesn't matter whether you touch down before or after the stripe....just whoever lands the closest. Winner gets to buy all the food!! :D Seriously, I might just crank up the Air Tractor and give the lucky guy/gal a ride in a turbine.

Regards,
Pierre

Planning on coming

Pierre,

Vic Roberts and I are planning on coming in my plane.

Larry Dickinson
RV-9A N95LD

Wow... we might need our own catfish farm if this sort of pace keeps up! Maybe we should make a mass arrival for all those out of ATL metro.

Pierre,

What you got for a current toe count just for kicks? Also, Doug, if you are browsing, it probably makes sense to move this thread to the "southeast" section.

Just a thot,

A lot!!

Robby Knox called me yesterday and someone from Atlanta though that we'd be looking at 50 souls :eek: and around thirty airplanes!! I'm gonna have to have some help at the fish/french fry friers!!

Pierre

Pierre, hope you don't mind... I posted a note to the "original" thread suggesting that people come to this post and provide you with a head count and basic airplane description. If it's true that 30+ airplanes are going to descend on you on Sat, I suspect you may want to figure out accomodations for that many airplanes. Also a headcount may be good for your food planning methods.

So I'll start.

2 people, 1 Lancair Legacy (fixed gear). Arrival will be around 11am +/-

See ya then and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I'll prolly throw in a couple of foldup chairs just in case, and I can prolly dunk critters in the oil if ya need dunkers...

Fry In

Pierre:

WX permitting, my Wife and I will be there in the -8. Wife can bring a covered dish if needed. Give me a call. 770-519-4999.

I'm Hungy!!!!!

Pierre:

I can eat thirty pounds by myself . Billy's right, BUY MORE FISH and get some redneck sushi for Billy. He loves bait!

No fuel

Mornin' all,
Be forerwarned that we don't have any avgas here at 2J3 yet, so top off before launch. All I can supply is Jet A.

Regards,
Pierre

Update, we now have 8 RV's making it to the fish fry from North
Atlanta area. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Mike Fouts

------------------
Reposted the above from Mike Stewarts RV formation forum on yahoo groups.

Alan, if this oppressive heat lets-up, Julie and I will like venture down
there for the get-together.
Will you pls count us in for Pierre's totals. We will look fwd to seeing all
the local goons.
Thanks. DR F1 Rocket 300

-------

Cross posted from an email that I got in answer to my post on the ATL TeamRV formation yahoo group.

What a great event, and the weather was *AWESOME*

Pierre,

Thanks so much for putting this on. It was fun to meet so many of the RV community - even for this BOOT flyer :)

Let's think about making this an "annual" event (notice how I put all that work on ya again for next year ... ).

I didn't take one of all the airplanes, but here are a few pictures of today..

IMG_1060.sized.jpg

IMG_1056.sized.jpg

IMG_1074.sized.jpg

IMG_1069.sized.jpg

I was trying out a new lense on my *big* digital SLR... Also a new Polarizing filter... Sorry some of these came out a little dark.... I'll work on that for next year :)

Have fun, enjoy, the rest of the album is here

http://www.highrf.com/gallery/1st-Annual-S-GW-fish-fry

Last edited:
Back