What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

new rebuilder

dustman

Well Known Member
hello folks i have just bought a rv3 which needs a few repairs mainly it needs the new wings the b wing. Any suggestions on how i start this project? Also if i need parts for the airframe where do i go. If there are any rv builders in the jacksonville florida area id sure like to talk with you. thanks

Vans Aircraft

Start at the Vans website, www.vansaircraft.com, where you can get the service bulletins for the wing mods, and also order materials.

Randy Lervold's site, www.romeolima.com/RV3works/, has a good description of the wing mod history, and also a copy of the service bulletins. Look under the "Info and Resources" link on the site.

Good luck - the RV-3 is a great airplane.

...Joe

Check with Wally

Van's Aircraft has all of the parts available though some have been superceded with newer RV-4 parts. Wally Anderson at www.synergyair.com has done a retrofit of -B wings and can give you an assessment of how difficult it is.

Make sure you have the plans and manual as reference. If you didn't get them with the plane then order a new set first thing. While you're doing that you should inform Van's you now own the plane, they store the data by plans/kit number. BTW, consider listing it in the RV-3 registry which can be found here.

Welcome to a distinguished minority... RV-3 builders/owners!

Back