What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV trip to do some geode hunting?

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
I watched a show on geode hunting on television last night (somewhere out in NM) and got to thinking that might be a fun way to do some RV flying/camping.

Are any of the RV folks that are also rockhounds aware of any places to do some geode collecting within one or two RV hours from the Dallas area?

geode.jpg

b,
dr

Geodes in AZ

Doug, I spoke with a friend this weekend who had a great geode hunting trip in far eastern AZ. South of Route 70 between Safford (SAD) and Duncan. SAD is 624 nm from 52F. You'd need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get to the spot, but maybe the locals could help set that up. He found out about the spot from a book on geodes in AZ and NM. I could get more specific info if needed. Dave

Thanks Dave and Manny!

Deming is not that far from Dallas, and the great 'Red' Marron lives in nearby Mimbres.

Hmmmm. Forming plan now....

Thanks for the info!

Deming would be an easy addition to a Carlsbad trip if you were going to see the caves and fly the canyons....

Too bad we don't know anyone out there Doug! ;)

Last edited:
Ironflight said:
Deming would be an easy addition to a Carlsbad trip if you were going to see the caves and fly the canyons....

Too bad we don't know anyone out there Doug! ;)
LMAO. Thanks Iron. ;)

Back