What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV's near Vero Beach

Dennis at LoPresti

I'm New Here
We have some ongoing development projects for RV and experimental aircraft products, and we need test planes! We are looking for a few nice examples of the 7, 7a, 8, 8a and 10. We'd prefer airplanes within easy flying distance of Vero Beach, FL (and yes, I know, with an RV "easy flying distance" is a loonngg way).

Benefits to you include:

- Being the first guy to have the latest/greatest goodies
- Getting neat stuff for 0/little cost
- The fun and excitement of working with some really great engineers and aerodynamicists
- Having your plane featured in promotional materials
- Seeing firsthand how the LoPresti Skunkworks develops new products

This is a great opportunity for owners who like to tinker with, and learn about their airplanes. We would prefer flying planes, but kits under construction would be considered as well. If you have any questions, or are interested in joining up, feel free to contact me for more info.

Thanks!,
Dennis Martin
Skystruck LLC, a division of LoPresti Aviation
[email protected]
772-539-9507

I'll bite....

Hi Dennis,
I have a 6A with the tall tail and I see where you wanted 7,s, etc. Dimensionally they're close but isn't what you do mainly on the nose? I'm only two hours away from you and have free time. Just what are you planning? (If I may ask).

Regards,
Pierre

pierre smith said:
Hi Dennis,
I have a 6A with the tall tail and I see where you wanted 7,s, etc. Dimensionally they're close but isn't what you do mainly on the nose? I'm only two hours away from you and have free time. Just what are you planning? (If I may ask).

Regards,
Pierre

Pierre,

At the moment we are concentrating on the 7-10's since those are the models we've gotten the most requests for. We showed our RV-10 HID tip lights at Sun & Fun, and the number one question I got asked was, "When will you have a kit for my 7?" If enough people ask for 6 parts, we'll do that too!

As for what we are planning...obviously we are doing the lighting applications. Beyond that I can't really tell you (some of it's proprietary) other than that we see a lot of potential for performance parts (be it speed, lighting, cooling, etc..) in the RV's. Our engineers are ecstatic about being able to design cool stuff, and not waste a year doing STC paperwork with the FAA.

Thanks for the interest, and don't be shy about telling us what you want!

Sincerely,
Dennis Martin
Skystruck LLC
[email protected]
772-539-9507

Speed

Thanks for the reply Dennis,
We also have the flush tip lights with the -7 wingtips. Like everyone else, I want more speed. Having been around F-1 guys over the years and seeing your round intakes, I figure that I'm giving up speed. Even the firewall lower lip is hard to radius on an -A model,

Regards,

Dennis,

I have an 8 under construction at Zepherhills. I'm at the fitting engine, avionics and wings...final canopy fit...stage.

If this is something of interest pls email me at [email protected]

Best

Dennis,
I have a 7A based in Hernando County, KBKV, and am interested in all development you may have in the works.

Back