What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any hail / WX damage

None, thank goodness!

None here in SW Arlington, basically at I-20 and 287. Thank goodness! The folks just north if us, up in Haltom City weren't as fortunate- along 121 between 820 and downtown Fort Worth. A tornado touched down over there and caused havoc on those poor souls.

How about Texas Motor Speedway?

the_other_dougreeves said:
Did anyone get any hail damage today from the line of TS? I missed most of it on the ground at ABI on a 737-800.

I've got relatives at the races. Anybody there at 52F know anything about hail or damage in that neighborhood?

News repored 2.5" hail passing over DFW airport, so I'm expecting some damage to commercial jets on the news tomorrow.

We're all fine in Highland Village - it passed south of us.

b,d

We got nailed

We live in North Fort Worth near Watagua. I just got home from out of town so my truck is fine. The wife's car is another story. Major dents. It's to dark to see the roof of the house but I'm fearing it may not be good. My wife put some of the hail in the freezer. I'll post pictures in the AM.

All's Well in SW Fort Worth

Tim, sorry to hear!

I took this pic when the sirens were going off in SW Ft Worth/Benbrook. Supposedly a tornado was spotted around Winscott & 820, but I haven't heard confirmation since the initial report.
20070413stormve5.jpg
Lots of wind, a bit of rain, and some interesting looking skies for us. Thanks goodness that's all.

DeltaRomeo said:
News repored 2.5" hail passing over DFW airport, so I'm expecting some damage to commercial jets on the news tomorrow.
We sat on the ramp for over 2 hour after we finally landed about 2045 local - close to active TS with lightning and ~ 20 kt crosswind component - waiting for a gate. They were inspecting all AA aircraft for hail damage before pushing back and gates were slow coming open. From looking at a few of the cars that were in uncovered parking spots, there should be some damage.

Hicks Airfield

Missed us. Reports of big hail in Saginaw, just south a few miles. I saw a few small hail stones here, not a problem.

Texas Size Hail

Here is a photo my wife took yesterday of the hail. Yep that's a quarter and a lid off an almond can. Roof appears okay; however, wife's car looks like a golf ball.

dsc00713fk5.jpg

and one more picture

Here is one more picture. It is a little fuzzy put is kind of cool. You can see the hail hitting the water in the pool.

dsc00705ke6.jpg

Back