What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Idaho '05 Is Still On ('Smokey' and friends)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
From Rob 'Smokey' Ray....
July 5-10th is still a go for my annual Idaho camping trip. I am planning on another one day jaunt from the FL panhandle to Mtn Home, ID via LA, Hinton OK, Pueblo, CO, Roosevelt UT and into Mtn Home sometime around July 3rd or 4th weather depending. I will hopefully be in place. campsite set up at Johnson Creek (3U2) by the 5th. Should be alot of fun flying, food and fellowship. If you don't have any Mountain time, go by McCall and visit my friend Lori at www.mountaincanyonflying.com for some instruction...
See ya there!

Rob Ray

related:
Current Johnson Creek webcam image...... (hit 'Refresh' to get current image)
airport.jpg

Last edited:
July 2,3,4, to 10 th, 2005

North Texas BCs are planing to fly up with Smokie buring this week. Some will go early and some will be there later in the week.
I hope to see a lot of you readers there. This should be a fun week.
I may stay the summer.

Be There
Cheers

Last edited:
Current Johnson Creek inhabitants

Sometimes technology is painful. Beautiful morning here in Idaho and by the webcam I see RVs sitting at Johnson Creek. I just promised the kid we'd go to the river otherwise I'd be up there with you. Hope to make it up there to say hello within the next few days. Have a pleasant, peaceful time. I truly feel blessed to live in Idaho. I suspect the back-country and McCall flying today will be busier than any of our controlled airports. Headed for Arlington on Thurs. for the Northwest EAA fly-in.

Rob Herndon - Nampa, ID

stopping for breakfast

Overnight at Helena July 7, and stopping at Johnson Creek for breakfast on July 8, enroute to the coast.
Save me a place at the breakfast table!

Back