What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

which converter for the AFS 3400 ?

Wicked Stick

Well Known Member
Can someone tell me where to acquire the correct capacitive converters that will work with the AFS 3400/3500 EFIS Engine combo unit ?

This is the one listed in Van's for the Electronics International unit, will it work for the AFS 3400 ?

Capacitive to voltage converter (one per tank required)
IE P-300C

I used the Princeton converters, but unfortunately I can't find the contact info for them at the moment.

Thanks Dave,

Nice website you have, congrats on the first flight, and I wish you many many more.

Do you recall whome you purchased them from ? Vans or somewhere else ?

CJ's link looks like the right thing. I ordered them directly from Todd, but I don't have his contact info any more.

Princeton converters

I have only just woken up to the fact I need these things. How big are they. Do they come with coax and plug to fit the tanks? Anyone got a picture? Thanks.

The princeton converters are mfgrd by a sister company to Grand Rapids, and hence can be ordered directly from them. Call GRT...they have several different options available, including capacitance fuel probes themselves.

Cheers,
Stein.

They are pretty small. About 3" x 3" x 1" tall. You'll need one for each tank. It's all pre-wired, power, ground, a wire to your gauge/EMS, and a tiny coax to the tank. It even includes a right-angle coax connector.

They are the black boxes with the two white labels on either side:
IMG_2126.jpg

It seems to me that these things SHOULD be offered in the same enclosure.

Someone should do a better job of manufacturing/marketing and selling these things!

What we need is a single, smaller box that will handle BOTH fuel tanks! They should be available on every street corner and cost about as much as a case of good ale!

Could someone work on that one, please?

:D CJ

Here is Dynon's version... If they will ever release the darn things for sale.

They should work with the AFS units as well because all they do is convert the cap. value to a voltage value.

Very small!

captovoltsj3.png

Back