What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

YJFC Newton County Fly-In

GTechRV

YJFC Newnon Coweta County Fly-In

On Saturday, April 7th the Yellow Jacket Flying club will be holding their annual Fly-in. This year we've chosen the Newnan-Coweta County (KCCO) Airport and plan to bring all four of our planes (Skyhawks) and perhaps a few others associated with a club (a Cirrus,and Duchess off the top of my head). Of course all are welcome and I wanted to officially extend an invite to you RVer's in the area. There will be good food and good times and competitions including spot landing contests and water balloon drops (pending approval).This is a great group of people to come chill out and fly with and you don't have to be affiliated with Georgia Tech (UGA fans/alum may get ragged but its all in good fun).

Despite all my lobbying, most in the club still associate the term "experimental" with crazy flying contraptions you'd see in a DaVinci scrapbook. During a presentation on some members trip to Airventure everyone would stop short of naming the RV aircraft (except yours truly). So I'd really like some RVer's to show off their babies if you can make it. You would definitely get reaction like "you built this?!" and "this is experimental?!" Reply and let me know.

As more details come, I'll post and let you know.

Last edited:
Due to the bitter cold (45 degree highs) and excessive winds, we've decided to default to our rain date and hold the fly-in on the 14th (sunny and 80 degrees-hopefully). This should make for a much better time. Hope to see you there!

Back