What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

motorized transportation for rv baggage compartment

turbo

Well Known Member
motorized transportation for rv baggage compartment[ Go-Ped]

anyone looking for transportation from the airport to town should look into www.goped.com i have been having a blast with mine around the airport and locations in florida, cedar key, venice, spruce creek, everglades airpark. it will carry 2 people up to 400 lbs. fits in the baggage compartment. weighs 25 lbs. cruizes at 10-15mph. my girlfriend and i ride the sidewalks when available.

Last edited:
2 people?? Which model???

I have a 75 maybe 100 goped hours and a fair number of goped crashes from 98-02 when my son and his buddies were into these---but 2 people on one goped?

Sounds like material for America's Funniest Videos---Crash and Burn series.....

Most compact transportation you can get! I had the sport model for some years. Between the wheelies and jumping beer cans. my tail bone is much shorter since owning it. There was one night late I slid of the road in Houston and got stuck in Tim-buck-two however I had the ole trusty Go-Ped in the back and rode it for about 5 miles in the pitch dark to get help. That night I was thankful I had it with me!

-Jeff

Interesting

So I see various models...Which one will fit the RV7 and do they all weigh 25lbs?...Which one for two people of course...:)

Does it ake up the whole baggage area or is there still room for other camping stuff?

Frank

Gravel roads?

I see the wheels are pretty small are these only good on paved roads, would the larger tire models work for two lightweight (300lbs total) on a gravel road?

Sounds like a realistic possibility.

Frank 7a

answers to goped ?'s

i have had mine for a couple of months and love it. it is rated for 400 lbs :eek: my girl and i ride the sidewalks at a slow pace and are glad there are not many hills in florida!!!!!!! not sure it would make much of a grade with 2 up. the small hard wheels are ok for hard surfaces only. if you hit a pothole you will end up on your keestewr pretty quick. :eek: they have a 10 inch pneumatic tire model which would be much better allround.it would be a bit longer and i would check out the length before buying one for carrying in the rv. the gas engine models weights only 25 lbs!!!!! the handelbar folds down level and is used to carry it. gas is the way to go; sounds better[like a weedeater-actually that is the motor they use] and is much lighter than electric. the website has lots of stuff. www.goped.com. i have talked to them and they were very helpfull. these things are not for everyone because like motorcycles things can happen very fast. they are great for hopping around the airport to see your buddys. hope that answers some of your ?'s. :)

You can probably get two of these in the back of an RV, but they're not
for the faint of heart:
Wheelman Bushpig

The same site also has the Dewey Weber twin electric skateboard,
which has the advantage of not bringing any volatile liquids into the
cabin. It's also amazingly, frighteningly fast.

Either option leaves room for protective padding and helmets.

Last edited:
GOPED Ready to go...........

img3123x.jpg

this little unit has been a great way to get around. it is ready to be loaded for a trip to VNC venice florida for a day of getting around for kim and i. over to sharkys for lunch then on to town for some shopping 'sight seeing'. enjoy your RV. fly more. just passed 3,600 hrs. turbo

Back