What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Races - Taylor, Texas May 19th

RV_7A

Well Known Member
http://www.sportairrace.org/id18.html

The last event here was pretty cool. Even if you dont come to race its a blast to watch.

-Jeff

Heres the actual letter that went out.

Hi Folks!

This address list comes from last year's Rocket 100 participation.

Many of you are SARL members and I apologize for this redundant message.

For those of you who are scratching your heads... WE'RE HAVING AN AIR RACE!

If you ran or were interested in running the Rocket 100 last year, I think you'll enjoy the Taylor 100 this year, May 19th, as it will cover roughly the same course and use roughly the same procedures.

If you will go to www.sportairrace.org , select the Links page and the Taylor 100 under Event Links, you will have everything you need - except for another 50 HP.
;)

Registration is open to all at this time.

So get out the wax and change your plugs...
And if you have a friend you think may be interested, invite 'em along -- and then beat 'em!

See you at the races!

- Mike

Thanks for posting! I did the Sun 100 a few years back. That was some of the most flying fun I've ever had. And I even got a prize!! :D

Last edited:
More Info

To anyone planning to attend the Fly-in and/or The Race that will be flying in: A NOTAM was faxed in this morning and should be posted very soon. Be careful out there as we will have some traffic.

Last edited:
Update

Just an FYI for people flying in:

Larry Hagerman, the owner of Aircraft Certification Services has moved on the field at the Taylor Airport. For the day of this event, May 19th 2007, Larry will be performing transponder certifications with all documentation for a flat fee of $50.00. No that was not a typo. A flat $50.00! :eek:

What a deal! It's first come first served. Email me if you need a phone number for Larry. He also has some exciting new Dealerships.

I'll be there...

LifeofReiley said:
Just an FYI for people flying in:

Larry Hagerman, the owner of Aircraft Certification Services has moved on the field at the Taylor Airport. For the day of this event, May 19th 2007, Larry will be performing transponder certifications with all documentation for a flat fee of $50.00. No that was not a typo. A flat $50.00! :eek:

What a deal! It's first come first served. Email me if you need a phone number for Larry. He also has some exciting new Dealerships.

Count me in! Does Larry have a website or email?

Check Email

Walt said:
Count me in! Does Larry have a website or email?

I sent you an email...

Hope to see you there.

There has been a great turn out response. I called Larry and he stated the max his team can handle for the day is (30) thirty transactions. Hurry if you want this deal! :)

Last edited:
FYI - Preliminary NOTAM requested for approval

Faxed Preliminary - NOTAM Request - (T74) Taylor Texas Airport

CHECK (48) HOURS BEFORE THIS EVENT FOR ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THIS NOTAM PRIOR TO ACTUAL POSTING!!!

What: Taylor 100 Air Race and Fly In

When: May 19th, 2007 0900-1000 Race, 1000-1500 Fly In

Where: Taylor Municipal Airport, Taylor, Texas - T74

Communications: Taylor UNICOM: 122.8 MHz
GTU AWOS: 135.425 MHz - Monitor for altimeter setting

Race Frequencies: 122.8 MHz start and finish,
122.9 MHz on the course.

General Info: Race traffic will depart T74 and generally fly a round trip to Elgin to Caldwell
(RWV) airport to Granger Lake and back to T74.

High levels of traffic between 0900 and 1000.
Normal fly in traffic after 1000.

Taylor pattern altitude 1,400 ft. MSL. Left traffic for 35, right traffic for 17.
Get current altimeter from either GTU AWOS (135.425) or T74 Unicom (122.8)
before entering the area for safe vertical separation.

Racing aircraft will fly 500-1,000 ft. AGL on course, but will fly no lower than
1,000 ft. AGL over Caldwell to avoid the traffic pattern.

Schedule arrivals to T74 before 0845 or after 1000 to de-conflict with launching and recovering of race aircraft.

Contact Race Control on 122.8 for traffic advisories between 0900 and 1000.

Back