What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FYI - Lake Texoma State Park (F31)

mrreddick

Well Known Member
My wife picked Lake Texoma Lodge for our Sunday lunch. We flew up with Rich Rudolph in his 6A. After walking almost all the way to the Lodge, we noticed that the parking lot was empty! The only thing there was a large dumpster and it was full of drywall pieces. :eek:

It appears the Lodge is closed for renovation. :(

I'll try to get details and post them here if I can find out when they plan to reopen.

Looks like it is gone for good:

From oklahomaparks.com:

"Lake Texoma Lodge Closes
Lake Texoma Lodge closed its doors on November 30, 2006 to make way for private development on the site. If you have booked a group event after November 30 and have not been assisted in moving your event to one of our other facilities, please contact Roberta Helsley at 405-230-8390, or by email at [email protected]. Oklahoma State Parks thanks all of our loyal guests and meeting planners who have made Texoma Lodge a partner in so many special events and we look forward to serving your group or reunion needs at one of our other fine facilities."

Andy

Lake Texoma Lodge Closing & Lake Murray Project

I received an article last night copied from an Oklahoma newspaper. It appears that the lodge will be closed for quite some time. The corporation has plans to build a 750 room resort hotel and the estimated total facelift to the resort, both golf courses, airport, and nearby amusement park is $360 million.
The lodge at Lake Murray is also going to change. They are going to build a new lodge just south of the existing one, with a better view of the lake. The article said the old lodge would remain open until the new one is ready at a project cost of over $20 million!

For now I guess you can always go up for an evening dinner at Sanfords Steak House, unless the airport gets closed for refurbishing.

Check those NOTAM's before departing! :D

Back