What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADI Pilot II Installation Question

Rick6a

Well Known Member
I have a question about the mechanical stops on the two identical servos that came with my ADI Pilot II. Page 3 of the ADI Pilot I & II Autopilot Installation Manual states "The servo arm must not rotate even near to the point called OVER CENTER, the point at which the primary aircraft control would lock up"......and........ "To protect against this, mechanical stops are supplied with the servos. These stops are drilled so that they can be mounted at different angles as required (18 degree intervals)."
autopilot00210hi6.jpg

Where are the drilled stops that can be mounted at different angles? What do they look like? I can find nothing in the two included hardware bags that might be used as stops, nor do I see anything on the included drawings (the same ones that are downloadable from TruTrak) that would account for the stops. What am I missing?

Last edited:
I'll admit it....

I never found those stops either Rick. I did verify that both in roll and pitch, I was so far from going into overcenter lock that it was not an issue - and the control surface stops act as the servo stops.

I decided not to worry about.

Paul

Ironflight said:
I never found those stops either Rick. I did verify that both in roll and pitch, I was so far from going into overcenter lock that it was not an issue - and the control surface stops act as the servo stops.

I decided not to worry about.

Paul
Thanks Paul. I'll contact TruTrak sometime this week and point this little detail out. I already contacted them about a note in the drawings and the engineer I talked to happened to be the same person who created the drawings in the first place. He immediately noted the (identification) error and assured me it would be corrected.

Here is an update e-mail response 03/08/2006 from Trutrak:

"What is your aircraft type as there are many that will not travel that far even with out the stops so they are not needed. If you own a RV then your aircraft does not need them as you can never go OVER CENTER . I can send you some if you wish."

and a follow-up:

"I am working on getting the manuals more aircraft friendly."

Last edited:
Back