What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camera Test

BruceS

Rob Hickman said:
This is what I am waiting for ? April Delivery
Camera 4 ? JVC GZ-HD7 High Def, Hard Disk, SD Card, 3 CCD, full 1080i and the first JVC consumer camcorder to adopt a Fujinon lens. Fujinon lenses are found on JVC?s professional cams.
Yes , that JVC camera looks pretty good. The Fuji len's on our cameras are really excellent pieces of glass. This camera should deliver a really sharp HD picture, especially with 3 chips. One thing to watch out for, I've heard that hard drives "may" run into problems above 10,000 feet. I've only used tape to record to so I have no direct experience with hard drives, only what I've been told. Anyone here have any experience using a lap top above 10,000 feet?

Rob Hickman said:
I have a RAM mount hooked to the roll bar.
I'm not familiar with the RAM mount, would you describe it? I use a suction cup mounted to any smooth flat surface with an attachment to reposition my camera for different angles. Before I started shooting in HD, I used a helmet, like the powered parachute guys use and mounted a small 3 chip box camera to the side of the helmet with a cable running to another camera to record to. Wherever I turned my head the camera followed, worked really well, I could even wear my David Clark head set. Looked a little funny with a helmet on but, I could get a lot of different shots on one flight. The HD camera I use now is a little to heavy for the helmet.

Bruce Sturgill
Producer - Pursuit Of Flight

Back