What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

dynon servo + AFS 5x00 without remote head

jcaplins

Well Known Member
Anyone running the Dynon Autopilot servos with a AFS 5000 series EFIS, without a remote panels (autopilot panel or knob panel)?

Plug and play with the SV network looks to be a simple installation. I don't want to spend more on a control panel I don't need, nor do I want to cut another hole.

Looking to see if and how it works for you.

Thanks,

There is no problem doing it without the knobs or AP Panel. You will just tap on the AP section just below the top of the screen in the middle and the AP Panel will pop up on the right side of the screen. For the knobs, you have 3 knobs on the left of your 5500, 5600 or 5800 and you can just use those. If you have a 5400, then it would be a little more complicated, or if you don't have a Touch screen.

There is no problem doing it without the knobs or AP Panel. You will just tap on the AP section just below the top of the screen in the middle and the AP Panel will pop up on the right side of the screen. For the knobs, you have 3 knobs on the left of your 5500, 5600 or 5800 and you can just use those. If you have a 5400, then it would be a little more complicated, or if you don't have a Touch screen.

Thanks Jesse.
I have the 5600T, btw.

The Autopilot panel has the hardware for the Trim motors so you would be giving up autotrim and airspeed controlled trim speed.

The AF-5000 actually has a touch screen version of the AP Module.

32771586544_06a621f935_o.jpg

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

My VPX handles the airspeed controlled trim, so I would only be giving up the auto trim.... I can live with that.

Back