What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van?s MP gauge always pegs at 35?

McFly

Well Known Member
After 8 hours of good service, my Van?s MP gauge always pegs to 35? even if the engine isn?t running.

I don?t know if the problem lies in the gauge or the sender. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? Thanks.

McFly said:
After 8 hours of good service, my Van?s MP gauge always pegs to 35? even if the engine isn?t running.

I don?t know if the problem lies in the gauge or the sender. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? Thanks.
Since you are saying "sender" can we assume is it an electrical gauge, not mechanical?

Since you are saying "sender" can we assume is it an electrical gauge, not mechanical?

Correct. This is the unit made by Vans or at least has the Vans logo on it.

Bad MAP Indication

I didn't have your high reading but my MAP didn't read correctly when the engine was off. With the altimeter set to zero the MAP should read the same as the altimeter setting. Mine was off by almost 2 inches. I called Van's to see if they knew how to determine if it was the sender or the gauge and they told me that there was no way to determine where the problem was and that I should return both units.

I opened the gauge and found an adjustable Pot which provided a means to set it to the correct reading. It has been working OK. It sounds like your problem is more serious.

Ken

Back