What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Courtney BC

Bevan

Well Known Member
Any RV'ers based in Courtenay BC?

Bevan

Sorry for the spelling error in the title. I cannot correct it.

Last edited:
Yup

There are at least 3 rvs there. 2 parked outside. Had my first rv ride in Courtney by Hal Schultz. Great airport in middle of town

Pea soup anyone????

....are you planning to use your new IFR skills to navigate the BC coastal murk?

not sure Courtenay has a Cat ll ILS approach ! :D

coutenay%20airpark%20webcam_zpsgbowwgcc.jpg
[/IMG]

heck, forget that , today it's almost CAVU!!!

....are you planning to use your new IFR skills to navigate the BC coastal murk?

not sure Courtenay has a Cat ll ILS approach ! :D

heck, forget that , today it's almost CAVU!!!

Haha, no but since the airport is so close to town and marina, there must be an RV fly-in/fishing derby at some point in the summer and if there was, I for one, would like to attend.;). If not, I would appreciate an introduction to any local charters willing to do an airport pickup service prior to a day on the water? It also must be a VFR day so booking months in advance is not practical. Possibly only pilot types would be sympathetic to this requirement hence the shout out to my RV friends. I really don't want to spend hours in traffic, lineups and the ferry (5 hrs minimum each way) when I can use the RV and be there in an hour, and back in an hour thereby also eliminating the need for a hotel. The two charters i found on the net last summer were not interested in adding an airport pickup/drop off. Understandably they were probably too busy. Last time, we ended up taking the car, doing the traffic, ferry and associated line-ups, hotel thing just to be weathered out once we got there and no fish. Not interested in doing it that way again.

Bevan

Last edited:
Bevan, where do the charters leave from? I can't imagine a taxi from the airport to any of the marinas would cost much.

Back