What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

production

F1 Rocket

Presumably you are talking about the F1 Rocket?

I believe the answer in that case is no!

mark pops in here every now and then. you can contact him through is web site. he knows if any if the original kits are for sale. he has said in the past that if he can get enough interest he may do another run of kits.

bob burns
rv-4 n82rb

Full kits aren't available... yet. However, with a bit of work, we can provide all of the important stuff at this time. You'll have to "blend" some parts from other well known sources though. If you do it right, you'll have one of these when you're done: www.vincesrocket.com

Mark is doing new projects down in Taylor, Texas and I've taken over the fleet support activities, AND working on producing NEW parts MADE IN THE U.S. In other words, no parts from overseas... period.

New parts are coming online all the time, but we're intentionally moving slow because I refuse to outgrow our money supply and unintentionally take anyone's money. So, if we don't have it in stock, we don't sell it to you.

Visit our new site at www.f1aircraft.com in addition to the mostly dormant www.teamrocketaircraft.com site. Both are still relevant, although the new site is more in tune with "web shopping".

And if the OP could change the thread title to something more meaningful, like "F1 Rocket production status" that might really help a brother out when trying to find this post again later.

Email me offline with specific questions. [email protected]

I'll add to this thread as other questions come in.

Thanks,

Last edited:
It's a real shame that nothing ever came of the F2 (?, side by side) project.

The -14 should be an indicator that there could be a market. If a slow build kit had been offered back when they were testing the market, I'd have likely bought one instead of the -7 kit.

Charlie

Mark can correct me if I'm wrong, but the F2 idea was fantastic, but the Czech design that came out of it, AKA Speedcruiser, was never going to be the plane that the RV market would love and adore, so it went by the wayside.

The F1 Rockets, and the F4 Raider (4 cylinder version), are what we're concentrating on now. All going to be made in the the U.S.

Only thing I found with a quick search was a Euro ultralight. The F2 cockpit I saw at OSH was for a 'SBS Rocket' with 6cyl engine.

Back