What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon & Garmin 430

Mark7986

I would like to exchange my old vacuum system with a Dynon D100. However I understand the Dynon will only accept GPS inputs for a Garmin 430. VOR ILS and LOC inputs are not compatible. Does any one know are the working on the connection or is it just on there wish list.

Mark
RV6

Dynon and Garmin GPS, etc.

Mark,

The Dynon units with the new HSI screen work well with the NMEA GPS signals. The problem is with the ILS/VOR functions since the Garmin AT (Apollo) SL-30 NAV/COM unit serial data is what the new software is designed to accept. You will find the discussion about this subject on the Dynon forum.

Luckily, I chose the SL-30 for my NAV/COM unit. The Dynon works great with it on the HSI page. The GPS data feed will give you winds aloft calculations via the Dynon HSI page. You can see that in the last photo on this page: http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a231.htm

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A N2PZ

We are actively working on a solution to support the 430 NAV / LOC / GS receiver. You will be able to add this support to a D100 / D10A / D180 product that is already in the field. No timeframe, price, or other details that we can publish at this point.

Back