What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

tip up slider mod

I am in need on installing a tip up slider mod so I carry a wheelchair. There are two suppliers listed Meski & Ward. I would llike some impute as to the quality of these items and also how they hold up in wind gusts

This is not a comparison of the two but some things to think about. First, the tip-up mod to the slider is maybe the best change I made on my 6A. It makes loading the luggage so much easier.

I have the Meske which has the support on the right side. Having the support in the middle (which the other one has I believe) would eliminate the need to have the support attachment mounted on the side canopy skirt. Which I find to be a bit of a problem. It works but the attachment mechanism can make contact with the fuselage skin at the forward cutout edge while closing the sliding canopy. This can happen if I push on the canopy skirt when closeing the canopy from the right side.

On the other hand, you may need the full width opening to get a wheel chair into the luggage area. The side mounted support does allow this.

Wind gust have not been a problem. And working on things in the baggage area, such as the ELT in my case, is really easy.

RV7-N263JK said:
I am in need on installing a tip up slider mod so I carry a wheelchair. There are two suppliers listed Meski & Ward. I would llike some impute as to the quality of these items and also how they hold up in wind gusts
I've never heard of or seen the "Ward" version. Can anyone provide a link to, or information about, it? Thanks.

Back