What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Small Gauge Wires

jlfernan

Well Known Member
Just received my eyeball lights from Steinaie. Pretty neat, but thost TINY wires. Looking for suggestions to make connections to say, 18awg wire. Should I just solder them and use shrink tubing, or is there a more elegant way. And I'm thinking of a local ground for them, anyone know of any ring terminals that small?

Solder & TF Sleeve

Check some of the reference documents for the proper gauge wire for the length of your run and the current load. 18 GA is way too large. I would solder the stranded aircraft wire of 20 or 22 GA to the pigtails from the lights, cover with thermofit sleeve then crimp red terminals on to the other end of the stranded wire for ground and power interface.

Bob Axsom

I put a Molex on them. I believe it was the .063 size and they make them for different gauge wires. They make pins and sockets that fit different gauge wires - even the tiny ones on those lights or the trim servos. Don't have the part number as I discarded the packaging but I found them at my local Fry's store.

I took the ground to the firewall ground block with a 20 or 22 ga wire.

Back