What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar for a month

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I am visiting my family in Ocala for a month, starting mid March for just under a month. I am hoping a hangar opens up there as the snowbirds return home, at least the airport manager thinks some might. No luck so far on hangar rentals so...

I wondered if there might be a builder in a hanger that has room for my RV-8A for a couple of weeks. I would gladly pay your hangar bill for the month. My contact information is listed under my user ID here on VAF

Cheers

Bump

It looks like a hangar is not going to open up. In am still hopeful that someone building might have room to put my plane up for a couple weeks at Ocala.

Thanks

Are you going to want to fly it frequently? I could probably squeeze you in for a few weeks. Not far from Ocala.

PM me

I know of a private hanger
Ill give you the name and number to call, he may let you have it for a month.
Its worth a try.

Great

I know of a private hanger
Ill give you the name and number to call, he may let you have it for a month.
Its worth a try.

Anything would help. I will send you a PM with my email info.

I do intend to fly a fair amount while there but some will,be out of town trips

Cheers

Visit

Are you going to want to fly it frequently? I could probably squeeze you in for a few weeks. Not far from Ocala.

Jesse,

I will arrive on Sunday, my other ideas have not panned out. I do plan to fly fairly often but will do a couple multi day trips away as well.

I will go to the FBO at OCF initially and fly out for a visit to see you and see if I might still be able to squeeze in.

I still have my bother and another person trying to find something to house Gator at OCF, so who knows!

Cheers

Than you Jesse Saint!

I was not able to secure an empty hangar in Ocala as I had hopped. VAF came thru when Jesse replied. I met him today and he has room for me in his hangar near Ocala, X35 Dunnellon.

Icing on top was watching him finish up a nice RV-10 and take it up for the first flight.

Thank you Jesse, and thank you Doug for VAF.

Now if I can get a room in Key West for tomorrow night all will be perfect. It is spring break so I a, not will to pay those prices. May just fly down and then stay over in my old home town in Ft Lauderdale.

SnF bound as well

Cheers

Back