What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sarasota Jet Center

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Stuart Jet Center

Just got back from a wonderfun trip to Jupiter. We flew into Stuart and parked way out on the ramp under a Stuart Jet Center sign. Never saw anyone or talked to anyone until we trekked in about 300 yards with our bags and registered. We left 3 days later and were presented with an $83.00 ramp bill. $20.00 a night ramp fee x3 and a $20.00 facilities charge. Nice facility, nice folks taking my money. There fuel prices were $2.00 a gallon higher than up the road a few miles.

All in all a learning experience. They would have waived the facility fee had I bought gas but I didn't.

It's a nice little airport with big city fees.

Last edited:
They must be used to gouging all those rich folks over in Sarasota.
I must admit, however, I've seen a LOT of airports charging $15 per night for a ramp fee; but I thought medical establishments were the only ones charging a "facility fee". Ugh.

Just got back from a wonderfun trip to Jupiter. We flew into Stuart and parked way out on the ramp under a Sarasota Jet Center sign. Never saw anyone or talked to anyone until we trekked in about 300 yards with our bags and registered. We left 3 days later and were presented with an $83.00 ramp bill. $20.00 a night ramp fee x3 and a $20.00 facilities charge. Nice facility, nice folks taking my money. There fuel prices were $2.00 a gallon higher than up the road a few miles.

All in all a learning experience. They would have waived the facility fee had I bought gas but I didn't.

It's a nice little airport with big city fees.

Ok, I'm confused. Sarasota Jet Center or Stuart Jet Center. Turbo could have hooked you up Widget. He's got a hangar at Stuart.

Last edited:
Stuart Jet Center..

Ok, I'm confused. Sarasota Jet Center or Stuart Jet Center. Turbo could have hooked you up Widget. He's got a hangar at Stuart.

Good catch. Flew from Sarasota to Stewart. It was Stuart Jet Center. I've used them before several times. Never been charged a facilities fee. It's a nice place. Just don't like being gouged.

Good catch. Flew from Sarasota to Stewart. It was Stuart Jet Center. I've used them before several times. Never been charged a facilities fee. It's a nice place. Just don't like being gouged.

Very surprising!

I just did a couple overnights in KTPA. Landmark charged me $10 per night and waived the handling fee with only 7 gallons. I think that is more in line for our type airplanes.

Even Signature only charges $10 per night.

yes you should of checked in with turbo nation for some good rates. was it raining when you were here. finally getting back to normal again. ;)
yes i do remember seeing your rv under the jet center sign.
IMG_5857.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Turbo. You're right, should have checked with the local guru, but I learned. Rained a bunch while I was there, but I just missed the deluge Wednesday afternoon..

Hope to see you next time..

Back