What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus 2 just started showing traffic,,, why?

judoka5051

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I've had a stratus 2 for almost 2 years and love it,,, even though I never saw traffic on the iPad (live weather rocks!). I read somewhere that I wouldn't get traffic unless I had ADS-B out. Well, nothing has changed except that yesterday and today I've had all kinds of traffic show on the screen. It's amazing how many planes are around me, and a little nerve wracking since I can't see them outside even though they seem really close. Anyway, what happened? Did some new equipment come on line, or did they monkey flying the plane accidentally hit the right typewriter key?

Thanks, Lance

In FL you should have been getting traffic a lot of the time. You may not have had the Traffic layer toggled on and must have bumped it and turned it on without realizing it. You get all traffic that ATC sends out, but you can't activate them to output it. There has to be another plane with ADS-B out near you activating the stations.

Thanks Jesse!

You have just confirmed the monkey/typewriter theory. I can't believe I've been missing out on that info!

Thanks again, Lance

Back