What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paintshop review: Master A/C Services (Wickenburg, AZ)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...sent to me by Bill Stegemann (RV-10)

Master Aircraft Services
Wickenburg, Az
928-684-4992
Gus

Price 5 of 5
When I e-mailed an inquiry Gus responded with a quote that included a competitive price and the specifics of what I would be paying for. i.e. Prep, Removal/Reinstallation of flight controls, Balance flight controls, Up to 20 hours of body work included in quote (normally not needed), Detail, etc. He also specified the paint used (JetGlo). There were no surprises or hidden charges when I picked it up.

Finished Product 5 of 5
Better than anticipated!! Very good job!! I've had nothing but compliments from everyone that has seen it. No runs, no drips, no errors.

Timeframe 5 of 5
Again, better than anticipated. Originally told 3 - 4 weeks. When I dropped it off I was told 4 weeks. He was done with it in 3 1/2 weeks.

Facilities 4 of 5
He uses 3 hangers. One for detailing, one for prepping and one for painting.

Comments:
I shopped around for almost a year and received a number of quotes from several paint shops. Gus was right in the middle along with a couple others. I ended up relying on people that had their planes painted there. The previous Paint Shop Review was a big help. One of the things that impressed me with Master Aircraft was their desire to work with me and their flexibility. I was hoping to get it to the shop around Oct 25th +/- a few days. When I realized that wasn't going to happen Gus told me not to worry about it. He'd make sure I'd be fit into the schedule and the 3 - 4 week timeframe would be met. He has a crew that seems to work 7 days/week. I know they were even working Thanksgiving. Other places I contacted were not near as flexible. Some even told me I'd forfeit my deposit if I didn't make it on schedule. They made suggestions re color choices and design. When they had it taped, my wife and I went back to the shop to look at it before it was painted. The shop supervisor was very patient and made a number of changes with the tape so we could "see" what we were trying to achieve. Overall, it was an impressive experience.

reviewed by:
Bill Stegemann
RV10 N545RV

rv10comp3na8.jpg

Back