What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon roll servo in RV-8

smoke

My question is...
Has anyone installed a Dynon roll servo in the fuselage as opposed to the factory kit location in the RT wing?

I installed Dynon's roll and pitch servo (SV-32) kits in my RV-8. Both kits come with mounting hardware and one SV-32 servo. I am not sure if there is any differences in the actual SV-32 servos as far as there installed location (pitch or roll). Why not call up Dynon and ask them?

The wing installation is so easy I don't know why you'd want to put it anywhere else. I retrofitted it there in my -8 in a couple of hours.

Is there some perceived advantage to having it in the cockpit? The only advantage I can think of is not having the long run of wires but it really wasn't bad. I pulled a wingtip, fed the tubing down through the holes in the ribs, pulled the root fairing and ran the wires.

Center section servo install in RV8

Dynon/AFS does not make a center section mounting kit for the RV8. You can buy the kit from TruTrak. Although they have become annoyed at people doing this and have raised the price to $200. So I just took the drawings from their website and made my own.

No matter how easy the wing install is...the center section install is easier.

Jim
RV8 N37PK

The reason for the fuselage install is that there is already a NAV AIDE roll servo installed there...just thought it would be cleaner

Not compatible

My RV8 had a Navaid roll servo installed. In the end I didn't use anything that was previously installed. Perhaps that might be different for you depending on how your Navaid was installed.

With the Trutrak kit you would drill three holes and install the bracket. Bolt the servo to the bracket. Attach the other bracket to the torque tube. Connect and adjust the rod end bearings to the proper length. Run the wires, and you're done.

Jim

Roll Servo Install

On the same note, is there anyone who has ever install their Roll Servo for their RV-4 in the wing??

Mine is install in the standard under floor location in my -4 and with it there I can't install the floor with the recess so it would be nice to put it in the wing...

Pictures will be nice if you have any

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

I installed my Dynon servo on the rt wing close out rib, using the long pushrod that was used on a previous RV8 install

Back