What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Still waiting for ADS-B upgrade

daddyman

Well Known Member
Disclaimer:
I'm not an internet flame thrower, yet I've been waiting since May 6th for my (mythical) Navworks EXP-600 ADS-B in/out.

For other considering this system, it had what seemed to be good features at an affordable price.
Navworks has been unwilling to ship, due to multiple issues.
Every time I called them, I got more stories about delays.

While this is understandable for new equipment, what dismayed me further, was while at OSH, I spoke to a guy who got his in 2 days in time for OSH.

My alert to others; if that is how they treat new customers prior to completing the sale, how will they stand if their system needs an software or upgrade in the future?

I've decided to go with another system.

Daddyman
Dues gladly paid 2015

Some of us have been waiting since February or earlier. They will ship eventually, and hopefully soon. I agree that they should have been better at hitting their target dates, but in their defense, they had WAY more orders than they expected and couldn't keep up with the demand, so they got new equipment to be able to produce higher volume.

patience with new product development

I read Bill's email that was copied here on another thread. I fully understand his position and support it. Having been around the airborne electronics block for many decades, I have seen most all approaches. Trust me when I say you don't want the product before it is ready for prime time. The pricing was a steal, wish I had ordered at the time. Having said that, the engineering work looks solid and I am sure production and shipping will catch up. I try to give the benefit of the doubt when both aviating and purchasing. Seems to work well.

Yep, I've felt a little silly paying a thousand bucks to wait in a line that's not moving. Your decision is not necessarily a bad one.

The only reason I've not exited is that the company has shown enough competence to get a TSO (not an easy thing) and they have shipped units in the past. And of course, the product is at the right price and is functionally exactly what I'm looking for.

Since I'm now in the midst of a panel upgrade I did ask them last week to send the wiring harness and transponder sensor, and that was shipped within a couple of days. I appreciated that.

John Allen

Back