What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 VIDEO

RICHARD HUTSON

HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH VIEWING THE LONG VIDEO OF THE RV12? I CAN VIEW OTHER VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE, BUT CANNOT VIEW THIS VIDEO. :confused:

SAM THANKS FOR THE INFO.

You're most welcome, Richard. Your post came through loud and clear. :)

Maybe somebody can shed some light on why the video isn't working for you.

YouTube's Help Page

Hi Richard,

Maybe this link can help you out: http://www.youtube.com/t/help_cat04

Text copied below:

The video won't play?what's wrong? All of the videos on YouTube are streamed through a Flash player, so you need to have the latest version of Macromedia Flash installed on your computer. To download it, please visit Adobe.

Why does the video keep stopping and starting while I'm watching it? If a video doesn't play continuously, it may be due to your connection speed. You'll need a broadband connection with at least 500+Kbps for the best viewing experience. It's also possible that our servers are experiencing high traffic, which sometimes affects the speed. If this is the case, there's not much you can do, but we are continuously adding servers to keep up with demand. Thanks for hanging in there with us as we continue to grow.

Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video? To make sure that you hear sound while watching videos, please check the volume controls on your computer. Also, be sure to increase the volume on other conventional video players on your computer, such as Real Player or Windows Media. This may have an effect on your computer's master volume levels. Next, check to see if your system meets these requirements for running the video player:
  • Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
  • Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
  • Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
  • Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
  • Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps
If your system meets all the requirements, but the video player still isn't working properly, please try troubleshooting with a different browser. Also, please test the audio on multiple videos.

YOUTUBE HELP PAGE

THANKS DOUG, I DID REDOWN LOAD THE FLASH PLAYER AND I CAN WATCH EVER VIDEO BUT YOURS. IT MAY BE THE OPERATOR! I HAVE ALSO TRIED IT ON MY WIFE'S LAPTOP WITH NO LUCK. JUST WONDER IF IT MY BE MY ROUTER OR SOMETHING IN ROAD RUNNER.

Well, I bet you'll figure it out Richard! Looks like it has been seen over 2,200 times already since Monday a.m. Sure seems like there is interest.

b,
d

I can watch the RV-12 video fine, but want
to know if there is any way to download a
higher resolution version to my computer.
Utube videos are not very good, but don't get
me wrong, they are better than nothing.
Tom

You are not alone Richard, I can only watch the first 14 seconds of the video before it quits on me like it's finished. I havent bothered to troubleshoot it yet however, it may be a combination of my Mac browser and Road Runner or outdated software (most likely).

And BTW - in case you didnt get Sams hint in his reply - in the internet world typing out a message in all capital letters is considered the equivalent of shouting ;)

CAPS

:eek: No I did not catch Sam's clue, must be having SFB. I have software at work that only runs in CAPS and I just never unlock the key at work or home. I have been able to watch the video at work and it is interesting. Baja its must be something in Roadrunner, I can watch all of the other videos on Youtube.

Thanks again everyone!

Doug,

Tell Ken Krueger I'll pay the FedEx charges if it will speed up receipt of the touch-n-go's video.... ;)

Jamie,
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to Doug's recent posts:

12/13 - New RV-12 Video Coming
...came in the mail yesterday. Ken Krueger doing three touch-n-gos. I should have it ready to view tomorrow.

12/14 - Status of New RV-12 Flying Video
Dang. Technical snafu. There were bad sectors on the CD so another one is on the way. Sorry for the delay.

Just hoping for an early Christmas present...

InsideOut said:
Just hoping for an early Christmas present...
Yeah... me too. I hope we don't have to wait through the holidays for some more teaser RV-12 videos! Be nice to go to bed Christmas Eve with visions of RV's dancing in my head instead of those darn sugar plums... whatever those are!

In the mail and on its way!

Got an email from Ken last night asking if I'd received it yet (so that means its on it's way). The mail carriers are pretty bogged down this time of year I suspect :D .

b,
d

Last edited:
Back