What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lookin' for a ride in the Tampa area?

RBD

Well Known Member
My father-in-law just upgraded to a Diamond DA40 (from a Beech Sierra), and we went up for a while today so that I could get a feel for it. Anyhow, we saw a yellow RV (-7 maybe?) land at Wachula and then continue on to Lakeland. The -7 is my dream plane, and I can't wait to start building one of these days. I did a Van's demo flight a few years ago when they were down for Sun'n'Fun, but it was really just a tease of what the plane has to offer. Seeing the RV today inspired me to throw out this feeler that if anyone in the Tampa,FL area is willing to take up an eager builder-to-be, please let me know. I'm already completely sold that it is the plane for me, so I'm really just looking to meet some local builders and go up for a fun flight. I'm more than willing to pay for fuel, and I could probably get you up in the new Diamond. It doesn't have the fun factor of the RV, but the G1000 panel sure is neat! We are based out of KPCM - Plant City.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

I have 15 more hours of Phase 1 to flyoff before taking passengers.
I could give you a ride sometime next month. Meanwhile, if you'd like to come up and see my 7A, let me know. I'm based at BKV. I'm usually there on the weekend.

Thanks for the offer, Dan, and congratulations on finishing! I might be able to make it up to Brooksville one of these days, but until then, enjoy flying off your hours.

Back