What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Shows in Germany, etc.

dlomheim

Well Known Member
I have just moved to the Kaiserslautern area, and I would enjoy finding out if there are any Fly-Ins scheduled throughout the Summer months that many of the RV flyers usually like to attend.

I also would like to find out if anyone knows of any Glider Clubs around this part of the country. I've been searching on-line, but all the sites that might have the information are in German, and I'm not too good at reading that yet!

Blue Skies

Doug
RV-3A Sold
RV-9A back in the U.S. and 300 hrs. short of a first flight!

Kaiserslautern

Hi Doug,

welcome to Germany. I suggest to visit the airfield in Lachen-Speyerdorf (Neustadt) near Kaiserslautern. See here for directions:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Fl...67,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x834857143e3f7a37

They have a glider club on the field. Just show up and ask around - most of the folks will be happy to speak English and help you out.

I'm located near the airfield Limburg Elz (EDFY), which is approx. 2 hours north of you (by car). I have a Zodiac CH 601 HDS at the airfield and a RV 8A under construction in the basement. You are most welcome to drop by.

Thilo

The RV meet at Muenster-Telgte airfield (EDLT) scheduled for this weekend is canceled. It will now be on June 19th - 21st.

It is once again a weekend that I am not available on Saturday. :-( Will there still be some activity on Sunday?

Back