What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Langley Fly-in 2015

Snowflake

Sidney, BC, Canada
Sponsor
See attached our poster for the 2015 fly-in. Note, we're still confirming exactly which vendors will be attending, but everyone last year was enthusiastic about returning... We're just awaiting final confirmations for this year.

PDF:
http://www.langleyaeroclub.ca/sites/default/files/Langley 2015.pdf

PNG:
Langley%202015.png

Once again, I love the art deco poster. It appears to show a stylized real-life example of our formation in conflict with another aircraft at CYNJ. Clever.

langley fly-in info

Hi Rob,
if you aren't doing it thru other channels, I can distribute the pdf to the valley clubs if you want to provide a little blurb to go with it...altho it's kind of self-explanatory eh? :)

///maybe a link to all those crazy noise abatement pattern procedures?

Once again, I love the art deco poster. It appears to show a stylized real-life example of our formation in conflict with another aircraft at CYNJ. Clever.
No, you'll notice that the single airplane is one mountain ridge over. :)

flyboy1963 said:
Hi Rob,
if you aren't doing it thru other channels, I can distribute the pdf to the valley clubs if you want to provide a little blurb to go with it...altho it's kind of self-explanatory eh?
That would be awesome, Perry. We're emailing to people we know, and they're emailing to people they know, and so on.

///maybe a link to all those crazy noise abatement pattern procedures?
Unfortunately I don't have them in any digital format or i'd love to. Best I can offer is my own site's page for the airport: http://www.100ll.ca/info.php?home=CYNJ

Hmm... Thanks for the reminder, Perry!

Hotels... There's an idea for next year, maybe... Although most people don't stay overnight, so hotels may not reap much benefit by sponsoring the event.

There are close hotels though, if anyone needs one I can round up the list and post it. They're all a "healthy" walk from the airport, but i'm sure one of the Langley Aero Club members would be willing to give people a lift if needed.

If you're driving in, consult this Google map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...2!3m1!1s0x5485ce47ed4559a7:0x1274e3cad5d475d4

56 Avenue runs along the North side of the airport. 213A street is about half-way along the north side of the airport, there is a traffic light there. Right at 213A street, on the south side of 56 Avenue, is an entrance to the North side of the airport. There will be signs telling you where to park, and from there you can walk directly across runway 07/25 to the show. 07/25 will be closed from Friday morning until the last visiting aircraft leaves on either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Visiting aircraft will land and take off on runway 01/19, and taxi in to the fly-in on the eastern portion of 07/25 (the tower will direct you). Parking marshals will meet you there to guide you in.

If you'd like to visit the Museum of Flight, you can walk around the south end of the airport to get to the museum (10 minutes) or talk to one of the locals and arrange a ride. DO NOT walk directly across runway 01/19... The tower hates that, and they'll have their hands full already.

If you don't have a Canadian Flight Supplement with the current airport chart and procedures, I suggest downloading an app called FltPlanGo to your Android or iOS phone or tablet. It's free, and has current Sectional and Terminal charts as well as Airport charts for all of Canada. Download the Vancouver VTA(Terminal) and Canadian Flight Supplement packages from within the app and you'll be set.

Look up the page in the CFS for Langley, note the noise abatement turn at the south end of the airport. If you end up lost, just let the tower know you're unfamiliar with the area, and they should be able to help you. Note that the quality of help will be directly proportional to how how early you fess up to not being familiar with the area... :)

Back