What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bus Bar Question

Rolly9

The plans show the Bus bar (10.75") with 3 mounting screws going through the copper bar and the soft nylon sandwich, which secures the bus to the sub-panel. There is nothing I found in the plans or text about "breaking" the copper bar at those mounting points. If I do not, won't the bus be grounded to the frame by the mounting screws? Am I missing something? Rolly Clark

Look again...

There are two pieces of insulating plastic. The three screws that attach the bottom layer of plastic to the bulkhead go through both strips of plastic. The screws that hold the bus bar to the top layer only go through the top layer of plastic. Read the details and you will see where they call out a "cup" being drilled into the surface of one strip to accomodate the heads of the screws that stick up through the top layer of plastic and the bus bar. Look at the lower left quadrant of the last picture on my page 83, then the first picture on the top of page 84 of my web site.

http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a083.htm

I did not wire my bus bar per Van's plans, but I did assemble my shorter strip per their mounting instructions with only two screws.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A N2PZ
www.n2prise.org

Back