What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior installation timing

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Question for the gang:
When should I install my interior? I know I should leave everything out except the seat cushions when I present N260KM to Mel for airworthiness. And I know I should at least set all the carpets and pad backings in the airplane when I run the weight and balance. However, what's the best time to go ahead and install it?

Abby (Flightline Interiors) made a beautiful interior, and I look forward to seeing it in the airplane.

....or should I present the airplane with the interior installed minus the removable panels?

The seats will need to be out for inspection. I will need to crawl through the interior inspecting all control and fuel connections from the firewall to the tailcone.

Thanks, Mel.
So is it OK to go ahead and install the wall and floor carpets? IE, any carpet that doesn't cover a removable panel?

Thanks, Mel.
So is it OK to go ahead and install the wall and floor carpets? IE, any carpet that doesn't cover a removable panel?

I have a different model RV, but I don't think that makes a difference. I left carpet out until after a few flights. I wanted to ensure that there weren't any leaks or drips that may have been induced during the early part of Phase I.

It turned out to be a good approach, like many others have experienced, I had a o-ring in a brake cylinder start to leak after a couple flights.

bob

I've been flying now for over 80 hours and I still don't have any interior - just seat cushions.

Abby gets them later this month to upholster and I can't wait!

Thanks, Mel.

You're gonna be crawlin around fixing things and inspecting for leaks for s few hours. I'd leave it out until you know that once it's in its staying in.

So, with questions like this----------can we assume that your are seeing light at the end of the tunnel??

So, with questions like this----------can we assume that your are seeing light at the end of the tunnel??

I do indeed, Mike. Flaps are on, ailerons and flight control linkage next. Starting the engine in 10 days. Methinks Mel might look her over in the March-April timeframe.

BTW, based on these great comments, I'm leaving the interior out until mid- or late-way into Phase 1. Thanks again, Team. :cool:

Back