What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII and LOP operation

rmartingt

Well Known Member
Question for EFII folks and users:

Can the fuel map be set up to automatically go to LOP conditions given appropriate RPM/MP (or percent power) conditions, without having to use the manual mixture adjust knob?

I'm a few years from needing it yet, but I'm leaning towards the EFII system and that would all but seal the deal. Not having to play with the mixture would be really, really nice.

Question for EFII folks and users:

Can the fuel map be set up to automatically go to LOP conditions given appropriate RPM/MP (or percent power) conditions, without having to use the manual mixture adjust knob?

The short answer is yes. Robert has you do a sequence adjustments to the ECU (on the ground) at different RPM's. Because all of the settings are based on optimal air/fuel ratios, the ECU is constantly making those fine adjustments to keep the engine operating at peek performance levels. However, if at anytime you don't like the particular EGT/CHT's that you're seeing you can always override the automatic settings and adjust your mixture manually. You should give Robert a call and he can give you a better explanation on how the system works.
Mark

PM sent

I asked Robert the same question a few months back. there are two ways to handle the fuel.

1. Program as you suggested.
2. Program for ROP and use the mixture adjustment rheostat, if you determine you want to run LOP for a particular flight segment.

I will send more detail by PM because I would prefer the more detailed answer be stated by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
EFII tuning

You guys have it right :)
You can lean manually or automatically for cruise.
I prefer to let the ECU handle it, because it will add the fuel back in automatically when you descend or ask for more power.
More time for the pilot to enjoy the view and not worry about managing the engine!

Happy New Year!
Robert

That's the answer I was hoping for. Now if only I wasn't still years away from an engine...

Thanks everyone!

Back