What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Temp hangar - KSFF or KCOE

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Does anyone have open hangar space at Felts Field or Coeur d'Alene anytime between 12/25 and 12/31? Absent that, any recommendations on FBOs who have overnight/preheat space? Thanks for any leads.

Thanks Carl. So far no luck but will try there. Would like to at least be able to get preheat if not a place to let the plane dry out. Kind of surprising but the sole FBO on field is closed from Christmas until the 29th.

A while back maybe 3 years ago Resort at KCOE was easy to deal with. their hanger was 25.00 a night compared to Southfield at 50.00 a night. Larry

A while back maybe 3 years ago Resort at KCOE was easy to deal with. their hanger was 25.00 a night compared to Southfield at 50.00 a night. Larry
Thanks Larry. I went ahead and flew into Felts Field Christmas Day so I'll have to find some help there to get out. Looks like my weather window will be the 29th or 30th.

Will keep the COE options in mind for the future.

Thanks again.

I went ahead and flew into Felts Field Christmas Day so I'll have to find some help there to get out.

Last time I flew into Felts Field in the winter, I carried a 100-foot extension cable and a hair dryer hoping to use the electrical outlet on the EAA chapter building to preheat. Alas, the outlet was dead and the chapter building was unmanned for the duration of my visit. But maybe the situation is different now (outlet live?) or you can find someone in EAA 79 to help.

If it comes to that, email me ([email protected]) and I'll put you in touch with someone who still knows a EAA 79 member who might help. Good luck.

--
Joe

The FBO, Western Aviation, just opened back up today. They don't do just preheats, but will keep the plane overnight in a heated hangar for $85. :eek:. I guess that's what I'll be doing because tomorrow's temps will be in the teens at best. I'm still surprised that there's no place to get preheat though. KSFF just doesn't have the services it used to when I learned to fly there 15 years ago. Will try to check the EAA building though. Maybe I'll get lucky before spending the $85.

Thanks for the contact offer Joe. If it wasn't short notice that I needed the help I would have taken you up on it.

Last edited:
Back