What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar space at X35 (Dunnellon, FL) ?

ka6dan

Well Known Member
I'm getting near to moving my 9A to the airport (Dunnellon Fl). :) Well not the hole thing just the fuselage and tail. Wings need some work (autopilot servo, wing tips, close the bottom, etc.) Does any VAF's friends have (or know of) some space to spare for a short term (hopefully) storage? would need the occasional visit for adding or replacing things. No real work that would make a mess.

After the wings are up to snuff I'll be needing a hanger where the "final assembly" can be accomplished. Perhaps in 6 mo. or less.

X35 is very near home but if push comes to shove would consider an alternative.

Dan and I have talked. I'm his Tech Counselor.

Dan, I'm sure you would rather have a t-hangar with unlimited access, but if push comes to shove, we could help with storage for a while as necessary. We could also provide some temporary space for test-fitting the wings if needed. Maybe that would cover you until a t-hangar opens up. There are t-hangars that stay open all summer because of the snow-birds, but they are just about to fill up. I might be able to put you in touch with some people in the spring who may have openings. There is one t-hangar that I know of that has some extra space that might fit your fuse. Come by some day & we can talk.

Back