What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A day in Oregon: 6 airports, 4 meals, homecoming, 3 T shirts, 2 prizes

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
I played Hookie from work Saturday with a little encouragement from fellow EAArs.

09:00. Aurora: Add 16 gals 100LL, hanger neighbor "8 ball" says "don't take my parking spot!"

10:00. Diets Airpark: Taxied past 10 or so chapter 105 RVs and parked right on Host Rion's new hanger slab, left some room for "8 Ball". Signed up, received first poker card, T-Shirt number one, ate quiche and cinnamon buns with coffee. Wonderful!

105sggy.jpg

2hz3imw.jpg

2a8euc9.jpg

2qu7yue.jpg

33falw3.jpg

11:35. Lebanon Airport: Received second poker card, gave a walk around HulaGirl to local airport bums. Seems they don't get too many "ladies" down in their neck of the woods. Chatted with four nice folks flying in a -10. Received today's best dose of wisdom. "I Could not tell a good poker hand from a bad, I am not a gambler. That from a man that flys experimental airplanes. But poker is a game of chance, with flying our airplanes we have a great deal of control."

12:30. Independence Airpark: Taxied through 50 or so RVs to squeeze into half a tie down spot. Received T-shirt number two, ate hamburger, chips and coke. Talked to a few nice venders and many builders and fliers. Gave a few walk around tours of the Girl.

24dleew.jpg

vifblk.jpg

j13406.jpg

29h1kn.jpg

vo0orb.jpg

Page one of two

Page two of two

14:25. Seaside Airstrip: Graciously hosted by Randall, the BBQ was well under way. I opted for a brownie and coke. Another poker card, working on a flush.

10ge646.jpg

33u7l80.jpg

rj0ab4.jpg

25tvw1v.jpg

15:45. Twin Oaks Airpark: Picked up T-shirt number three for poker run prize, wrapped a pee sack and barf bag inside (both un-used). Opened up the charter's hanger. Chatted with a few other early poker runners. Left my cards for collection of two more with trusted friend (I skipped Salem poker stop) and my prize contribution.

303ic6a.jpg

98cz9k.jpg

16:40. Aurora Airport CAA Club House: taxied up to rear deck, pushed back under a Maul and C-182 parked wing to wing just to prove I could. Drank two margaritas at the bar, met up with wife Katie, chatted with many friends, ate BBQ burger, beans, gave several walk around tours of my -8, and looked over the other fly-in/drive-in contestants. Accepted dinner/movie ticket prize for best aircraft. :)

o6ekjl.jpg

Post note: received two phone calls from 105 chapter friends, they drew me two more poker cards, hearts, for my flush! Won a prize, a new drinking buddy to sit on the deck with me. :D

25hjo7l.jpg

Great day of friends, machines, food and fun!

Last edited:
Yes

I thought of you Vlad, enough food and drink even for you! Along with your daily recommend dosage of airports and friends...

Back