What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

block island here we come.........

turbo

Well Known Member
al has been in touch with a few rv pilots, vlad especially, to meet up at the block this weekend. its vmans birthday party too. i have something for him.

ready to go to block today for lunch and look for al in his catamaran. it is also the start of the newport/ bermuda race today.
6AAD3D9A-5E0D-4B4E-A5F9-D79C7E7B3F52.jpg

what a day! what a lunch! got to get going and find al. found him. he was a little late on my first pass with his camera. see you later. :)

P1010849.jpg

block here we come!

ill be there first thing sunday morning with helo and kim. did recon today. cat looks great. can't wait to drive her. i have a bday gift for you so you better come on by. :)

you can call this air service if you want to get there quicker. :rolleyes:
AAF8BA02-AFC5-41DA-9DBF-1FFC987E4764.jpg

84351e8a0ced1b77943c2103671c12a6.jpg

What a spectacular weekend. I didn't get the chance to sleep on the boat but I think they had a full crew Saturday night. After brunch at the Narraganset Sunday morning, a two hour island tour in a monster van, Vlad was going nuts to get flying. We got in some island flying sights and then the group started splitting up.

Next Saturday we are planning katama at Martha's Vineyard. All invited. :)

See you there.

Here comes the Legend by fling wings. All hands on deck!!

Touring the island after brunch.

Turbo giving rides. He is moving faaaast...

Al thanks for hosting us we had good time! What a great Cat you have. Regards to your first mate and the Countess of Finlandia :)

Great weekend!

I thought it would be fun to get some aviation folks together for a weekend in Block Island for a Sail in/ Fly in. Man it was a lot of fun. Especially when Turbo showed up with his ride. A tour of the Island was in order and my first trip in a helicopter. So I think this has to become an annual plan! Awesome weather, great people and a lot of laughs.

sfxe08.jpg

We will also "work for whisky"
2cg0k2a.jpg

Vlad reeling in a big one
rsfrer.jpg

South East Light
182l93.jpg

Sunset on Block Island Sound
6f820p.jpg

Sail home taken by Noah in his RV-7a (with a big engine)
25694i1.jpg

Turbo's way cool ride! I want one.

Last edited:
4c62644f56cf428121c9ac0fa4141e1e.jpg

and i thought i was going to get a chance to go sailing again. maybe next time. :)

nice cat.

Hello Turbo
How long are youin the NE as I'm up there working and based at Goat Island. I was supposed to go to Block Is but had to shoot back to Lauderdale on business. I'm there all summer and will be back in town on Friday 27th if your around.
Looks like everyone had a great time.
Regards

try and make katama marthas vineyard next saturday. rain date sunday. pm me if needed.

ill be up here till october. lots of time to get together. :)

Martha's

try and make katama marthas vineyard next saturday. rain date sunday. pm me if needed.

ill be up here till october. lots of time to get together. :)

I have ur number so I will call you .. Here is my contact in the NE 716 289 4135
Regards

Katama is awesome , been the past 3 weekends , in my buddies 170 and then on sunday we went in his snj5 , nothing like south beach in the summer.

Back