What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Abbys Flightline seat cushions?

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
Searched the threads but couldn't find anything on point.

I'm ready to order seats.

Has anyone used Abbys seat cushions? I've dealt with her in the past for interiors and she's wonderful.

I was thinking about Oregon Aero cushions with Abby doing the covers but would love to hear any comments from those that purchased her seat cushions(I'll be adding the comfort foam option if I buy from her).

Thanks,
Tom H.

I upgraded to the Comfort form option on my -12. On my recent 5,000 mile round trip, the seats were very, very comfortable. I'm quite happy with them.

I think many here have ordered from Flightlines Interior. I got the conform foam upgrade and the suede like fabric. Very comfortable, good workmanship and the cost is very reasonable.

Jim
RV9a

Are the standard seats (w/o Comfort-Foam upgrade) uncomfortable or does that upgrade just make it more comfortable?

I split the difference: I used comfort foam on the top-most level (those in contact with back and butt), and normal foam for all lower layers. I figure that strikes a reasonable balance between long-flight comfort, weight, and cost.
I can't wait to find out how comfortable they are.....

It's been years now but I got the option for 1 layer of conform foam in my seats only. They seemed comfortable at first but after an hour or so my butt was hurting. I ordered the layered confor foam from ACS that was about the same size as the seats, cut to fit with the reciprocating carving knife and, viola, super comfort for not too much cash. The seat backs are just regular foam and they are fine, there's not much pressure there. I think the product is a good value but if I were doing it again I would leave out the seat foam entirely and get the the ACS or something similar. I've sat in the Oregon Aero seats for about an hour and they are great but my homemade ones are just as comfortable to me for much less coin. YMMV

If you have any questions, just call Abby. She is wonderful and happy to answer any question.

I have her RV-10 seats with her cushions in the back. Didn't ask her their source, but they are very comfortable. After flying I asked her to build me a new front seat cover that would be 1" shorter. (I am tall and needed head clearance). No problem! Solved my problem.

One of the best of many great vendors I ran into on this voyage.

Back