What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vlad

Jackm

Well Known Member
Vlad and NY

As we all know who Vlad is and his many interesting posts, I decided since I was in NY I needed to meet Vlad in person. Vlad offered to take a quick flight, and then a beer...thankfully not in reverse . Feeling honored with his proposal, I arrived at his hanger....that's where it got interesting.
Vlad's sense of humor started immediately and his Russian spirit entertained me from moment of arrival. We departed Princeton and headed over towards NYC. The air was smooth and Vlad's stories were non stop and I think the turbulence we felt was only me shaking from laughter. We flew out past Sandy Hook and looped back along the beach and over the bridge to make two loops around the Statue of Liberty, From there Vlad did steep climb to only hover like a helicopter over Governor's Island while he flirted with LaGaurdian tower girls...only to be turned down and asked to contact Newark...all while he continued to slow flight and numerous 360's over Governor Island. From there we flew the East river exclusion and turned hard left to avoid a TFR and back south on west side Hudson river. We flew at unknown or at classified altitude above water along the beaches with awesome view. Back to Princeton with uneventful landing and taxi off runway. Vlad sensed something not quite right and stopped mid point on taxi way. Vlad can finish the story as he tells them best but I will add that taxiing back to the hanger was unique and filled with humor. Vlad will post last picture.
Thanks Vlad for the time and flight!!
8db6acd6-e415-451a-8045-6d032cefbfef_zpsd10e25dc.jpg
2e1ec827-d25d-4c0e-a282-56006cc051dd_zps9113c6ef.jpg
b4654bb3-fe7a-4e8e-8c49-ba30e9285365_zpsc7438dba.jpg
1b22a5e2-2eba-4116-b672-2cd11e6c47be_zps82194e21.jpg
4e72a263-bcb3-426e-a70c-bd59f0bf6849_zps2cd4fb08.jpg
3dd82366-3ca6-4158-be52-6f582d1049f6_zpsaf2aaecf.jpg

Whats the issue Vlad? left side little low?

Screenshot2014-05-02073306_zps8ed0dfb7.png

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Great story , great pictures....even better that it was with a "new" friend.m

Last edited:
Jack it was nice to have you here I am still smiling at that flat tire and a wrecked dolly we used. Airport owner said he spread some nails on my way because he needs somehow to make some money off me. Next morning I borrowed a spare tube from him :D

It was an awesome evening of local flying. As you noticed it's all the same boring route nothing new. I showed you how NOT to fly the corridor. When you bring your RV10 here in couple weeks we would go all by the book. Three routes not the one combined :D

PS; Believe it or not Jack I didn't take the picture of the flat tire recovery setup. Next morning I had to fix it quick and go somewhere.

Last edited:
Back