What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a new throttle control arm

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
On my IO360 with factory injection on Superior cold-air forward facing sump and cross-over exhaust, my throttle arm that the control cable connects to has a 1" offset from the castellated portion where it connects to the throttle body. That 1" offset just barely contacts my exhaust pipe and obviously is too close to allow attaching the throttle cable. I need a 1/2" offset or even a straight lever arm with zero offset. Where are these available?

IMG_0654_zpse1c47127.jpg

since you have to remove that one anyway, would it be worth it to cut off the bottom portion where it rubs on the exhaust and drill a new hole?

I thought about that, but it would significantly change the throttle throw, not sure I want to do that. If I can find an arm with 1/2" offset I would prefer that route.

I would drop Don at Airflow Performance an email. If he doesn't have them, he'll know who does.

I had the same issue (but with AFP injection). Don swapped my offset for a straight arm. Looks like the same attach scheme. I'm sure he can hook you up.

Done and done! Don hooked me up, got it all installed and life is good.

IMG_0688_zpsc4e5af37.jpg

Greg, hard to be sure from the photo, but the bolt head looks like it is smaller than the ball in the swivel joint. You might consider putting a large area washer in there.

Greg, hard to be sure from the photo, but the bolt head looks like it is smaller than the ball in the swivel joint. You might consider putting a large area washer in there.

Good eye, and it's partially the way the photo is shot. You'll also notice that the jam nut is loose on the rod end connecting to the cable. This photo was taken while I was sizing/fabricating/installing the bracket to hold the cable on the back of the sump. Those issues have been corrected on the installation since the photo was taken.

By the way - that rod end and bolt/washer setup is the single package kit from ACS, it is not something I just threw in there.

Last edited:
Back