What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tool Stores

rjtjrt

Well Known Member
Can we have a thread of tool stores that peoplle have used. I keep finding referrences to stores I didn't know existed and that don't show up on google search eg Clear air.
Also do the yard store advertise their second hand/reconditioned items and if so where?

My favorite is Cleaveland Tool. They ship fast and have fair prices. The best part is where I live I order in the afternoon and have the shipment by the next mornig. Great people also.

As far as the The Yard Store is concerned, the used items are mixed right in with the new items on the website I believe. I bought my pneumatic squeezer and several yokes there. Good service and prices.

Perhaps other can chime in with links, but off the top of my head:
Cleaveland Tool
Avery
Clean Air
Wicks Aircraft
Aircraft Spruce
Isham Inc.
Brown Aviation Tool Supply

You simply can't beat Avery Tools

I can honestly say that I have never run into a better tool supplier than Bob Avery. He has a great selection at fair prices and he always stands behind his products. I had an issue with a pneumatic squeezer he sold me almost a year earlier and he fixed it with no questions asked. He always gives you the benefit of the doubt and sometimes I wonder how he stays in business. He is genuinely one of the good guys. You might be able to save a few pennies by buying one thing or another elsewhere, but you will never beat his service or integrity.

I've dealt with both Brown and Cleaveland and they've always been really good...

But I'll second the previous poster - Bob Avery is awesome. I bought an adjustable rivet set holder that didn't fit my CP-214. I figured I'd just whack the thing into place with a ball-peen hammer - basically messed it all up. Bob replaced it with one that fit my squeezer and completely disregarded that my return (worth $65+ IIRC) was unsalable. As a bonus, he spent about 1.5 hours teaching me how to use a number of tools & techniques.

Back