What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting Rear Canopy Skirt

After fitting the frame to the canopy and match drilling the side skirts and canopy to the frame, I am having real problesms fitting the rear canopy skirts. The canopy perspex 'tips up' at the rear and forces the aluminium skirt at least 1/4 inch off the fuselage, whatever I seem to do! Has anyone else had this problem? I am considering molding a fibreglass rear skirt, has any one any experience of this, any advice would be gratefully received as I have no idea how to start and make sure I dont create an over thick ragged skirt that doesn't look to thick against the rest of the canopy and in particular where it joins the persex and the aluminium side skirts

Many Thanks

Mark castle-Smith

Mark,
My issue, which is more common, is the rear lower side skirt bows out.
I originally misread your post. You may want to try adjusting the slider support at a different angle to correct the height.

On mine, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it other than placing some sort of weather strip on the inside to seal off the airflow from the interior vents. I may be able to do some fine adjustments once the canopy & front windscreen have been completed.

DanLandry
[email protected]
RV7a, N527DL(reserved)
Front Canopy to slider fitting...

Last edited:
Back