What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Test Plans?

AirWolf

I'm getting closer and closer to being ready to fly my RV-9A, and I am starting to think about writing my flight test plan. Is there a DB somewhere of previous RV Builders Flight Test Plans? I think that would be a good resource for a new builder like me who has not written a flight test plan before.

If there isn't, does anyone mind sharing their flight test plans with me?

Thanks!
Ron
RV-9A: Engine Wiring

flight test forum

Kevin Horton has posted some good flight test links on his website and there is a flight test forum somewhere on this site with Kevin's links and I think others. jack

Last edited:
I put together a complete set of test flight cards that have been widely copied on the net. Kevin Horton has my originals there for my RV-6. I think they are a start although I plan to significantly improve them when I test my Rocket in a couple of months.

forum is hiding

If you do a search for "flight test" you can find Kevin's link. For some reason it's not showing up as a thread under education/flight testing??? at least I can't find it that way.

Here's a link to the flight test cards that I used for testing my RV9A. Also there is a condition inspection doc, and flight checklists. They were worked up from other samples on the net.

Andy's flight test cards

I've got links to a few test plans on my web site - I just added Andy Karmy's test cards.

Links to test cards

There is quite a bit of good guidance in FAA AC 90-89A, Amateur-Built Aircraft and Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook.

I had posted a welcome message to the forum with pointers to my collection of flight test info. But, I see that the default is to only show recent posts. So, I'll post a new thread with the links and make it a "sticky" thread so it will always be visible.

Thanks for all of the links! Looks like I have a lot of good information to read through!

Thanks again,
Ron
RV-9A

Back