What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lone RV at grass roots flyin

turbo

Well Known Member
f7d9bc7ffde052d1ff9f58a6665ce7d1.jpg

a59fb79a74e7db523c1838e0b0feead3.jpg

Flying in fl has been great. If you own a cub or biplane than you can join this fl based club and join in on the fun. I joined years ago when there was no restrictions an the rv got me to many events. The sound of those radials is the best. Enjoy your flying weekend where ever you are. Reporting in from the BVI. :)

Ps, I met an rv builder who bases his new, 48hour, rv7 at grass roots airpark. This plane is beautiful. Only missing a paint job. He is a lurker on the forum and maybe this will lure him in. :rolleyes:

If you can't find me in the big pic I am hanging with the redhead.

By the way, I finally got a part time job, I parked all the planes. Batons in hand, pilots usually follow directions.

Last edited:
You should re-title this thread. I thought it was about an accident! It looks like a great place to visit or base.

Sorry to confuse you guys, actually there were three rvs present. Me, a local, and one part of a flight of three from somewhere.
image.jpg

06FD just south of leesburg. Hangar rentals, 5 acre parcels to build home, or build your own hangar with man cave. Nicest runway I have ever landed on. Tell david the owner you wanted to look around. Great guy. There is one new rv in the south west hangar facing northeast. The guy had a nice idea, a hammock hanging from the hangar door when it is partially open.
12bc51495a22d89c168d472eb1061dca.jpg

Back