What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is anyone using the name "Dixie Flight" or "Rebel Flight"

dixie Flight

I know of no such name in use around here, Martin, and I have not heard of either of these names used by anyone in my 40 + years of flying about. Go with it. Sounds good to me.
Giles :D

ATL

I fly in and out of ATL Hartsfield now and again on business. They will use Dixie to refer to any of the D taxiways instead of Delta, because 2 out of three aircraft one the ground have Delta callsigns. I imagine other Delta hubs may do the same. If you plan on flying where theres much Delta Airlines flying going on, you may have similar issues. Rebel may be a better callsign for this reason.

DD

Better idea

Those just don't sound like you. Maybe, oh I don't know, maybe "MOONSHINE FLIGHT".:D

With the weather delay on Saturday morning at the Pine Bluff clinic you could have discussed it with everyone then. Oh wait, you were late. Why was that again?;)

Those just don't sound like you. Maybe, oh I don't know, maybe "MOONSHINE FLIGHT".:D

With the weather delay on Saturday morning at the Pine Bluff clinic you could have discussed it with everyone then. Oh wait, you were late. Why was that again?;)

Sounds like a good story there.....MOONSHINE FLIGHT, awesome!

The Commemorative Air Force has abandoned the "Confederate" moniker. You could use that if you can stand the PC zealots. :D (Actually they may take issue with "Dixie" or "Rebel". I see the lawyers lining up now!)

Wow, rough in here too :)

The Commemorative Air Force has abandoned the "Confederate" moniker. You could use that if you can stand the PC zealots. :D (Actually they may take issue with "Dixie" or "Rebel". I see the lawyers lining up now!)

I'm sensitive to a point, I guess. I won't be using stars and bars, but I'm callous enough to have no problem with Dixie or Rebel

Having flown with many 'flights' across the country, go ahead and use either since it will always be used as "Dixie Flight" or "Rebel Flight" :D Rosie

Back