What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A N357RV Rusty Williams

hecilopter

Well Known Member
N357RV flew on October 1, 2005 after 3 years, 9 months and 5 days of work on a standard, slow build kit. I am a first time builder and was motivated to begin after Dick Carmichael built and flew his 8A. He and I had a partnership in a Piper Archer together and we sold it when his 8A was complete. I had never heard of the RV series prior to that, but after that first ride, I had to have one!

I placed the order and haven't looked back since. It was a lot of work and money but, man, was it worth it! My wife was totally on board with the building and even helped tremendously, esp. through the end.

My wife and I finally got to go to Oshkosh this year, we wanted to go for the first time in the plane we built. We even managed to get it painted just one week prior to Oshkosh! I will never forget the feeling we had flying there in the plane we built. What a rush!

I'm currently helping Tom Jett complete his quick build 7A, he had to have one too!

With the carbureted Superior XP-360 and the Hartzell C/S blended airfoil prop, I routinely see about 203 MPH criuse at 7500' density altitude, WOT and 2400 RPM on 8.5 GPH. I absolutely love it!

pic2qa9.jpg

paneles3.jpg

Last edited:
Back