What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta ADSB and Navworx ADS600-b

vic syracuse

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Mentor
Is anyone in the Atlanta area seeing any anomalies with ADSB traffic in the last week or so? In the last few weeks on my daily commute in the Atlanta area I am seeing traffic fade in and out from ADSB, and it swaps over to TIS mode on the AFS 4500. Then sometimes it comes back to ADSB. On some days I will show 32 targets, and as I go by Atlanta Hartsfield I can even see some of the flight numbers parked at the gates on the ground. Other days I see 3-4 targets, or it reads ADSB 0 and then flips over to TIS. I've also noticed that my own target is boxed yellow intermittently and sometimes shows my N number and other times it doesn't. Sometimes a number of targets are showing on the ADSB readout and then they become yellow outlines boxes (coast targets I assume) and then it flips to TIS. Then sometimes it flips back to ADSB.
Navworx wants the unit back, but I'd rather not cause them work if the station is flaky. Weather appears to be fine.

Thanks.

Vic

well Vic, I found your post via Google, but i was looking into the same behavior- i get it on the west corridor under the Bravo, i lose ADS-B around LGC and pick it up just after 20GA, really interesting behavior, curious to know why it's reverting like that in the worlds busiest airspace

Vic, I flew down the west side of ATL today. All looked normal with the NAvworx 600exp. All traffic seem to be real, some I saw some I didn't . Route was about the Mode C boundry ring and below the 4000 ft sections down to GA2 and return. Weather was great, didn't really look at weather broadcast. Did notice the altitude reported on several GA targets seem to be in question. Picked up traffic on the ground at Newnan Apt

Back