What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone want to show me their RV-4 and RV-6?

Cooperd0g

I'm saving to buy a plane and a flying -4 or -6 is at the top of my list. I have seen a -6 before up close, but not a -4 and my wife hasn't seen either one.

Thanks!

Wifey probably will prefer the -6

Wives normaly prefer the -6, because it's more comfortable for them. Actually, that's the whole purpose of the -6, it's a -4 with higher positive ratings from wives.:eek:

RV-4

My RV-4 is based at a private airstrip near Summit Point, WV. You are welcome to fly in or drive in anytime. Just let me know when. I spend a lot of time at the hangar.
Jim
Leesburg, VA

N444JT

Wives normaly prefer the -6, because it's more comfortable for them. Actually, that's the whole purpose of the -6, it's a -4 with higher positive ratings from wives.:eek:
On the other hand, lots of wives prefer the -4, they actually have more room in the back of the -4 then they do bumping elbows with me in the front of a -6 and they can see out both sides equally well, just depends on the wife.

On the other hand, lots of wives prefer the -4, they actually have more room in the back of the -4 then they do bumping elbows with me in the front of a -6 and they can see out both sides equally well, just depends on the wife.

I have heard this too. That's why we will need to scope out both and hopefully get to sit in them and check out the baggage capability. She is pretty good at packing light on the motorcycle.

I have a 6A in Laurel, DE (N06).
May be the wrong side of the bay...or the wrong side for the third wheel....but...

Ralph Capen
RV6A N822AR "Patience" @ N06 - just under 200 hrs

I have a 6A in Laurel, DE (N06).
May be the wrong side of the bay...or the wrong side for the third wheel....but...

Ralph Capen
RV6A N822AR "Patience" @ N06 - just under 200 hrs

Thanks, we may take you up on that later. We just found out about an open house at GAI in October that will have both RV-4s and -6s so that is going to be on our calendar.

Back