What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show and Shine

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
It is that time again, the Cameron Park 24th annual Show N Shine.

Details here. http://shownshineflyin.com/

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few photos from yesterdays event.

This year we had almost double the number of aircraft, and a goodly portion of them were RVs-----------and the RV bunch took home the lions share of the awards :D

Here is the winner of the Best Paint.

Rob Holmes, RV 3.

Show%2520N%2520Shine%25202013%2520017.JPG

Looking at some of the planes, and cars.

Show%2520N%2520Shine%25202013%2520023.JPG

Show%2520N%2520Shine%25202013%2520024.JPG

Sorry, I did not get photos of all the planes:eek:

Dan West, and Tommy Ishii and a couple others from the West Coast Ravens came in formation, and gave us an impromptu show. Sorry I did not get the other two names.

Best Experimental and best Panel went to a pair of RV that flew in from Grass Valley. Again, apologize for not having names----Or photos :(

And some guy with a RV 10 took these home.

Show%2520N%2520Shine%25202013%2520025.JPG

Thanks to all for attending, hope you return next year and bring a buddy or two along also.

Last edited:
What a fun event! I've added "live in an airpark" to my bucket list.

There are still some deals to be had up here in Dayton Rob.... It's about an hour RV flight from where you are (or less). :rolleyes:

Congrats on the award - I was in texas with Tsam (and Louise), or I'd have dropped in, and we could have seen the two -3's together. I'm supposed to be at the California Fly-in this weekend - are you going?

Congrats on the award - I was in texas with Tsam (and Louise), or I'd have dropped in, and we could have seen the two -3's together. I'm supposed to be at the California Fly-in this weekend - are you going?

A wasnt aware of a fly in this weekend. Where and when?

Back